Friday, March 21, 2014

Packing for the Pantanal

           This week I’ve been moving out all my stuff, preparing to go abroad next quarter. As I’ve been packing all my stuff for Madrid, it made me think about packing for the Pantanal and what we’ll need. As a serial over-packer, who needs to be prepared for every possible permutation of events, I know I will have to use a lot of restraint for Brazil. Thus I did some research to look up what the experts recommend to pack for a trip to the Pantanal.

Pantanal Jaguar Safaris has a very comprehensive list:

Virtual Tourist also has some user-contributed advice:

Most of what they recommend is what you’d expect, but some things to note especially are:

  • Good walking shoes – lot of people mentioned high boots to tuck your pants into and good sandals/flip flops.
  • Lots of strong mosquito repellant! It seems getting bitten is a common theme in a lot of Pantanal adventures.
  • A hat – we need to make sure we maintain our beautiful complexions!



I know we have a few months to go, but I’m getting so excited already!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment